Head Coaching Requirements
- Positive Role Models
- Language, appearance, punctuality
Sandwich criticism around positives
Make sure players know their worth; let them know we appreciate them, especially as a person.
- Be Communicators
- Every 2-3 weeks speak individually with each player about his or her role on the team.
Interact with players during practice
- Exemplify a Professional Attitude on the Court
- Be organized with a written practice plan
Accept no excuses for lack of effort or selfish play
Receive zero technical fouls
- Motivate Players to Play up to Their Potential
- Help Players Understand That Hard Work Pays On & Off The Court!
Must have coached at least 1 year of basketball
Must posses an Oregon Drivers License
Must be able to interact with children and parents in a positive manner
Must possess an Active Concussion certificate within 10 days of hire
Must be able to attend 90% of coaches functions and coaches clinic is mandatory
Does my child have to participate in BYBA in order to be considered?
No, you may apply if you meet the minimum requirements above.
To apply for a coaching postion, click this link to register. The deadline for application is Oct. 1st. Interviews are tentatively scheduled to start Oct. 8th. You will be notified of the time and place by email if you are invited.