Three Rivers League
Three Rivers Youth Basketball League Coach, Parent & Fan Code of Ethics
If benefits are to be derived from athletics, the highest standard of ethics and sportsmanship must be maintained. The ethics and sportsmanship of the players, coaches, officials and others associated with the game should be exemplary. Everyone participating should conduct himself and herself so that he or she is a credit to the sport. Therefore, we would like to ask for your participation in following the Three Rivers Code of Ethics for coaches, parents and fans.
“I hereby pledge to provide positive support and encouragement for my child/player participating in the Three Rivers Youth Basketball League by following this Code of Ethics.”
- I will treat all players, fans and opponents with respect and dignity.
- I will not verbally abuse any coach, player, fan, or opponent.
- I will never verbally abuse an official, regardless of the situation.
- I will ask my child/player to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all coaches, players, fans, and opponents.
- I will strive for improvements by positive reinforcement, not negative comments.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of all children/players before any personal desire to win by accepting both victory and defeat with pride and compassion.
- I will applaud all participants’ efforts – win or lose.
- I will make it my responsibility to know, understand and appreciate the rules of the game.
- I will do my very best to make sure that youth sports are fun.
- I will agree that violating this Code of Ethics during a game may have consequences that could cause a parent or a coach to be ejected from that game by the referee. More than one violation could cause suspensions from future games.
Print guardians/coaches names________________________________
Sign guardians/coaches names_________________________________
Always remember that your actions speak louder than words